Monday, January 31, 2011

Saturday's Weigh-in: 165.6lbs
Week Two Loss/Gain: +1.4lbs
Total Loss: 5.8

Saturday's Workout: 6 miles / 10:18 pace


I'm back! Sorry for the lapse in messages, but the past few days were a bit crazy. Friday ended up being a looong day with a 5hr hair appointment... I think it looks great though! :)



Josh was not feeling well that day, so I spent the rest of the day watching the kids. Luckily, he felt well enough to place SECOND!! in a local Jiu-Jitsu tournament. Very proud of him!

Before Josh's tournament, I went out and did my long run for the week. 10:18 pace, so I'm happy with that. I was sitting around 10:22 during the last mile, so I decided to pick it up and shaved 24 seconds off my time.

Now- as far as my weigh-in, I am not happy with the number. I'm a daily weigher, so I had a feeling it was going to be higher based on my weight on Thursday and Friday, but I was still hopeful. Alas, I was still up 1.4lbs Saturday. Now, I wish I could give myself a good reason for the gain- fortunately, I don't have a sob story of me reuniting with an entire box of mac and cheese at 2 in the morning. I actually had a good week with eating. What I didn't have was my run on Wednesday- oh, and a lot of bathroom time on Wednesday. :) So, I'm thinking the stomach bug threw me off. I am positive this Saturday will be better.

Sunday was Phoenix's 4th birthday!! We had a fabulous Toy Story party with friends and family. Really happy with how everything turned out and Phoenix had a blast.

Today includes a swim (and the mp3 player is charged!) and some time with the fam. Oh, and a delicious Garlicky Lemon Scallop recipe that I've been making for a few years now- definitely a personal favorite:

Garlicky Lemon Scallops
(Makes 4 servings)

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 º pounds sea scallops, dried with paper towels
2 tablespoon all-purpose Flour
º teaspoon salt
4-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 scallion or large shallot, finely chopped
pinch of ground sage
Juice of 1 lemon (2-3 T)
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Directions:

1. Be sure to pat the scallops dry before you mix them with the flour &
salt. That way they wonít soak up too much flour.

2. In a large non stick skillet, heat the oil.

3. In a medium bowl, toss the scallops with the flour & salt.

4. Transfer the scallops to the skillet; add the garlic, scallion & sage.
SautÈ until the scallops are just opaque, 3 - 4 minutes.

5. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley; remove from the heat and serve at
once.

Note: Scallops cook very quickly. DO NOT overcook or they will turn into
erasers. Be sure to have all other items ready before cooking the scallops.

Per serving: 187 calories / 5g fat / 1g of fiber

No comments: