Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Tuesday's Workout: 3.5 miles (5.5mph on the treadmill)
Today's Workout: 6x400m splits

I waited too late to run outside yesterday, so I decided to tough it out on the treadmill. It's amazing to me that I can consistently run under a 9:30min mile outside, but put me on a treadmill and I can't stand to be on there at a 10min mile pace (6.0mph) for too long. The one good thing that came out of it was I started to watch "Something Wicked This Way Comes"- a movie that Josh was shocked to find out that I cannot recall ever watching. It's good and I plan on finishing it tonight. :)

Today's workout was good- I had to run in the neighborhood again and the hills and wind slowed me down. I wavered around 7:30-8:45min miles. I have to do splits again in 2 weeks and I plan on getting over to the middle school and using its track at 7am. I think that's the only way I'm going to get an accurate time on these things.

On a personal note, I'm really looking forward to being able to wear my engagement/wedding rings again. I can get them on, but they are still a little too tight. It's so frustrating to feel good, but I still can't keep my rings on. On the other hand, I guess it's a good thing they don't feel good- I found out last year that I'm very susceptible to getting lazy at this weight and I need all of the motivation I can get sometimes! :)

No comments: