Sunday, January 23, 2011

Today I did something awesome. Well, I should say I signed up for something awesome- the Ramblin' Rose Women's Triathlon. Actually, I should say I signed up for 2 awesome somethings- the Raleigh Ramblin' Rose Triathlon and the Chapel Hill Ramblin' Rose Triathlon.

Now, before you call me a nut, please understand that they're 5 months apart (Raleigh is in May and CH is in October.) Also, these are sprint triathlons and the swimming is in a pool, which is easier than lake/river swimming. So, totally doable. :)

And, as luck would have it, I just started up my new YMCA membership on Friday, so I have access to a pool again. Now, I just have to get my bike in working order- granted it's a mountain bike and completely inappropriate for a tri, but I'm not quite ready to fork over $500-$1,000 for a new bike right now. The bike portions are only 9 miles, so I think I can manage that on a mountain bike with no problem, although I might change my mind after the first race. :)

Hope your Sunday was awesome!

No comments: