Thursday, March 03, 2011

Monday's Workout: 39min bike
22min swim
Tuesday's Workout: 13min run / 9:17pace
Wednesday's Workout: 48min bike
13min swim

This week is a recovery week, so my workouts are a lot shorter. Of course, that just means I have to work a bit harder to insure a good weight loss this week. :) With swimming, I've also started working towards a kick flip (where you flip and push yourself off the wall.) I have trouble with this move, so I've decided to break it up into stages- the past 2 swim days I've just worked on kicking off the wall. Tomorrow, I'm going to spend some time working on the flip part. My biggest fear is clipping my heels on the wall, so if I can get over that, I'll be fine. :)

I wanted to take a second to comment on something I've noticed on a lot of these weight loss shows. I've started watching Shedding for the Wedding and this week the contestants met with a cake designer- and, of course, part of the process was to try the cake. I was disappointed to see that 2 of the couples opted not to eat any cake. I think when you go into a diet and treat it like a diet, you're already in a trouble zone. Now, I do understand these people are on a weight loss show and not losing weight on their own at home, so they might be more strict on themselves with cameras rolling. But, it's a troublesome mindset and I hope they allow themselves to take a single bite of cake once they get back to the real world.

When I was on Nutrisystem, I remember bringing my NS dinner to PF Chang's. While everyone around me was eating delicious food, I was eating some not-so-tasty chicken and pasta "mix with water" dish. During a Christmas vacation, I didn't have one bite of our friend Jill's, Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, 'cause, yep, I was on Nutrisystem. I don't remember what I ate instead in that instance, but the fact that I remember that choice bothers me- I should not be remembering what I didn't eat. :)

Finally, I wanted to give a shout-out to my friend Tricia who lost 7lbs last week on Weight Watchers!! I'm so happy for her and I know she's going to have a great journey this time!

No comments: