Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Monday's Workout- 1hr 4min bike ride
36min swim
Tuesday's Workout- 22min run/ 8:27 pace
Today's Workout- 1hr 20min bike ride

Well, on a non-weight loss related note, we put an offer in on a house on Sunday. And, less than 20hrs later, another offer came in at a higher amount. Since it was a short sale, we decided not to get into a bidding war (since we were going to have to negotiate with the bank at some point too), so now we're on the search for another home. The Penfold Lane house was nice, but it was not our dream home by any means- and, since our rental lease isn't even up until August, we don't have to move any time soon. To be honest, we probably won't have to move in August either- we're in an investment property, so I'm sure we could just extend the lease.

While part of me is tempted to just keep on renting (especially after seeing Phoenix playing Star Wars with the neighborhood kids yesterday), a part of me also yearns to own my own home again. There's an appreciation and permanence that goes along with home ownership and I miss it. I guess we'll just have to see where life takes us. All I know is I'm definitely going to take a look at as many houses as I can with our fantastic new realtor, Kevin Starkey.

As far as exercise goes, I'm back on a longer workout schedule again after last week's taper. I'm also prepping for the Run for the Oaks 5K this Saturday in Raleigh. And, with a 8:27 pace yesterday, I'm feeling pretty good about breaking my personal goal of coming in under a 9 minute pace. :) My right foot is hurting a bit though, so I think there may be a trip to Athlete's Foot in the next few days. It's probably too soon to consider running a race in new shoes, but I don't want my "injury" to get any worse.

I'm also going to switch up my exercise schedule a bit- my 2 longest days happen to fall on days that Josh has to be at Jui-Jitsu at 12pm and I'm having trouble getting home in time for him to get to class in time. I think it would also help to switch things up a bit- while I enjoy being on a schedule, I also get bored sort of quick and knowing that each Monday and Wednesday is "long ass bike and swim day" starts to get to me after a bit. So, I'm going to switch it up and see if that helps my boredom and my tardiness. :)

Have a great week!

No comments: