Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Monday's Workout: 38min swim
24min run
Today's Workout: 1hr 11min bike ride

Today was my first day out on my new Trek Lexa SL- and the first time I've ever clipped into a bike. Basically this is where your shoes have brackets on them that clip into your pedals. Clips = terrifying experience for me, but I overcame my fear and got out there.

For my first ride, I chose a greenway in Wake Forest that was around 3miles around- it ended up working out perfect. It took me about 5 minutes to even get on the bike, but once I got clipped in I was fine. Then, I ended up going down a path that stopped at a main street, so I had to stop. And, then I almost fell, but lucked out and my foot clipped out just in time. I know that time will only make this process easier for me, but I can't help feeling like I'm learning how to ride a bike for the first time. :)

Also, a big moment for me today- I signed up for the Goofy's Challenge at Walt Disney World. This means I'll be running the WDW Half Marathon on Saturday and the full Marathon on Sunday in January 2012. I also signed up for the 5K on Friday- apparently this means I'm unofficially doing the "Dopey Challenge", 'cause it's Goofy to do a half and full- but to do a 5K on top of that is just Dopey. LOL The only bad part of those races is that it pretty much checks me out for 2 days on our vacation, but I think it's worth it. Plus, I think my recovery will be quicker this time since I'll be at least 35lbs smaller.

Tomorrow is a good day- Josh and I will be celebrating 9 years of wedded bliss. :) And, I guess we unofficially celebrated it by putting in an offer on our "dream" home on Sunday. 2011 is looking to be a great year!!

No comments: