Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wednesday's Workout: 1hr run / 39min swim
Thursday's Workout: 2hr 44min bike
Friday's Workout: 53min swim
Saturday's Workout: Rugged Maniac 5K Obstacle race- Completed in 41:00! :)

Sunday's Weigh-in: 145.4
Week Loss/Gain: -8.8
Total Loss: -26lbs

Well, I just realized I wasn't changing the week number on my stats, so I just took it off for now. If I have time, I'll add it back up there later. :)

As far as this week, it's been really interesting. By Wednesday, I was down to 145.2. I've had extremely long workouts this week (as noted above), including a tough obstacle race yesterday, but I pretty much maintained my weight since Wed. So, either I didn't eat enough this week OR my body said... "you know what, I let you lose all that weight you gained, so I'm not giving up much more for the week-- deal with it." :) Today is free day, so I'll see if that helps shake things up a bit.

My obstacle race yesterday was the most fun I've EVER had at a race before. There were shuttling issues going to and from the race, but even those 1hr wait times weren't bad enough to dampen my high spirits from the race. As soon as I arrived at the speedway, I knew this was going to be a fantastic time. People were already racing, walking around post-race covered in mud and eating bagels, and some were just standing around, enjoying the view.

The race itself was awesome- I had to climb wood walls (with the help of a boost from other racers on the higher ones), slide through a tunnel, climb up a cargo net and then drop 10+ feet onto a mat, go down a huge slide into a pool of extremely cold water (outside temp was only 50 degrees), run through at least 3/4 mile of 1' deep mud, run around 1.5 miles in the forest, hop through tires, etc. etc. My time was around 41min and I felt like a million bucks when I finished. I couldn't stop talking about it to my line "neighbors". I was there by myself, but I certainly didn't feel like it.

The best part is, I have Josh on board for the next one (called the Gladiator 5K) in Raleigh on May 21st. There were a lot of "teams" at the Rugged Maniac and I would have loved to have had someone with me, so I'm so excited to have Josh running alongside next time. I'm also signed up for the USMC Mud Run in June and then the Warrior Dash in August. To be honest, I may never run a 5K again (except maybe a Turkey Run on Thanksgiving morning- those are sort of a tradition for me), 'cause these obstacle races are just way too fun to miss.

Have a great week everyone and let me know if you want to join us on an obstacle race! The sooner, the better, since most of these races have time waves that fill up quick.



No comments: