Saturday, April 02, 2011

Monday's Workout: 50min bike ride- 24min swim
Tuesday's Workout: none
Wednesday's Workout: 1hr 2min bike ride- 15min swim
Thursday's Workout: 22min run
Friday's Workout: none
Today's Workout: 20min run- 20min swim

Saturday's Weigh-in: 154.2
Week 3 Loss/Gain: +8.0
Total Loss: -17.2lbs

OK- so you can probably tell something went terribly wrong this week. My workouts were a bit wonky and, um, I had a pretty horrible binge. Now, while I know the majority of those 8lbs is water weight, I need to put the number out there. It's important for me to see that number in print- it sucks and I don't want to forget it.

So, why the bad week? Well, Josh is touring this week with another comedian and has been gone since Sunday...or maybe it was Friday. I can't quite remember anymore. Also, Ladon has decided that this was the week he wanted to cut down on solid foods and wake up twice a night. So, lack of help and sleep turned me into a basket-case. And, instead of exercising more, I didn't exercise a few days (although I did make up for those missed days today and I'll run tomorrow too to make up for my usual run on Saturday) and I ate waaaaayyyy too much.

I've learned a few things though. When I'm home alone with the kids, I'm much less likely to go out and get something bad to eat. Too much work. So, if I can just avoid heading to the grocery store and buying every binge food I can think of, my overindulgence will not get too out of control. Second, eating bad always makes me feel worse. Exercise on the other hand, makes me feel good. The only problem is that, at the moment, eating bad makes me really happy, while the exercising makes me feel worn out (or even a little bored, especially when I have to do all of my exercises indoors at the Y, since the kids are in the nursery).

So- will I never have a bad day again? Of course I will. But, every time I do, I try to take something from it. Like when I realized that I was super-hungry (and consequently binged) almost every Wednesday night. And every Thursday morning I realized that I had only put on a little bit of weight from the previous mornings weigh-in...so, if I could just make it through Wednesday night, I would have a great reward the next morning.

Anyways, this week stunk. But, this week is also looking great. I had a great day today and I have errands to occupy me tomorrow. :) I hope all of you have a great week too!

No comments: