Monday, April 23, 2012

Forget my birthday?! Donate! :)

Hello loved ones!

I have a different sort of request this year.  You know how much I love races, right?  Well, this year, I have a dilemma.  I've signed up for 3 races that are donating monies raised to great causes.  I'm also helping out with a fundraiser in September for my friend, Richard, who is celebrating 21years of being cancer-free!

Now, we know that it seems like everyone is raising money for somebody, at some point, in some way.  Well, I get that.  So, let me offer this request.  In lieu of birthday presents, Christmas presents, or Mother's Day gifts, if you're able, I would love for you to donate to one of the following charities.  If we don't already exchange presents, then please consider donating anyways- and I'll be happy to reciprocate anytime.  :)

This donation covers you for 2012- I will not nag you for anything this year- promise! I'll just remember the gratitude I feel that you've made it possible for me to donate to not just one great charity, but FOUR!!

Here are the donation pages and a brief detail on the race and the charity involved:

________________





The Doughman Quadrathon- proceeds benefit SEEDS & See Saw Studio:  http://www.doughman.org//donate/fast-foodies



MS Muck Ruckus 5miler- proceeds benefit the MS Society:  http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/MuckRuckus/NCTMUCKEvents?px=1624993&pg=personal&fr_id=18943

Warrior Dash Mud Run 5K- fundraiser proceeds go to St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital:  https://waystohelp.stjude.org/sjVPortal/public/donate.do?sectionStyle=subMenuThree&to=user&eventId=226830&programId=901&userId=802630&donateToself=Y



Clix For a Cure- fundraiser proceeds the Light the Night Walk (Leukemia and Lymphoma Society)- run by my friend Richard, who is celebrating 21 years of being cancer-free!:  http://pages.lightthenight.org/nc/Raleigh12/HeroesforHope
________________

Again, whatever you can donate would be amazing.  Thank you!!

No comments: